Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gunung Pulai II :: 30th Oct 2010

G. Pulai II is just about 20km from my town and I reached here shortly before 6pm today in a last min decision hoping to see some owls. The distinctive calls of the Barred Eagle Owls were heard at three locations, but they were not sighted





So I ended up taking some scenic shots around here and took a slow walk to a nearby fish farm to seek my luck.



                                          The Pulai II Falls

   initially i thought these were resort chalets when they
                                          were built last year, but now they looks like some
                                          training camp to me.




Just as I rest my gear here for a breather, a White-bellied Sea-Eagle was already waiting for me diagonally across the pond. WBSEa are large birds but they are extremely shy. Anything closer than 200’ you would see them acting on alert watching your every move.

                                          This is the actual shot without crop

White-bellied Sea-Eagle (Haliaeetus leucogaster)
Helang Siput * 

 @ almost 100% cropped.

And i made an attempt to get closer but just one quick shot it flew off! :(



 Common Flameback (Dinopium javanense)
Belatuk Pinang Kecil * 









And I was surprised to see a lone Tiger Shrike in Gunung Pulai II too!

No comments:

Post a Comment